Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 2

Today is Day 2 of my weight loss strategy (low/no carb breakfast, low/no carb lunch, and whatever I want for dinner in 60 minutes, plus a salad and veggies).

Yesterday I had 2 eggs for breakfast. For lunch I had tuna fish and lots of veggies (pickles, olives, etc). Last night during my 60 min meal, I enjoyed a piece of fried chicken, a 2 cup salad topped with lots of veggies, 3/4 cup spinach, and then an M&M ice cream sandwich for dessert.

Seriously. Who eat fried chicken and ice cream sandwiches on a diet?

I DO!

Although the book cautions against getting too excited over daily weights, I am down 2 lbs since Saturday :)

Today I had a sausage egg mcmuffin (minus the mcmuffin) from McDs. For lunch I had a salad from Imos (those are my favorite). Tonight we went to the local Mexican restaurant where I had a salad, a beef soft taco, and 1/2 of the tomatillo (sweet corn thingy).

Of course, we stopped and got dollar cones for dessert.

I ate everything in exactly 60 minutes.

So far, I can definitely keep up with this. Knowing I can eat whatever I want during dinner makes the light lunch much easier to handle.

The key to dinner is: you MUST eat everything within 60 mins and then NOTHING more the rest of the night. You also have to eat a salad FIRST and then balance your high carbs with an equal amount of veggies. It's not difficult.

I'm really optimistic :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see how this works out! And Whoo Hoo for 2lbs already!

    Thanks for listing what you ate....

    ReplyDelete