Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekly Weigh in

Previous weight: 197
Current weight: 194.7

Lost: 2.3 lbs

Yeah! This is the first time since I started my journey that I've lost any substantial weight and I'm really happy!

Now that I'm averaging my weekly weight, I've decided to post my weekly updates on Sunday (Sundays are day #7). Here's how I averaged my weight for the week:

Monday: 196
Tuesday: 195
Wed: 194.2
Thurs: 195
Friday: 194.4
Sat: 194.4
Sun: 194.4
I added the weights together (196+195+194.2+195+194.4+194.4+194.4) which gave me a total of 1363.4 and then divided that number by 7 which gave me an average weight of 194.7 lbs.

I'm not sure how to handle my weight goals, though. At this point in my journey, I needed to be closer to 187 lbs in order to be on track for my 29 lbs weight loss by my 30th birthday. I'll need to think about if I can get back on track and eventually catch up, or if I need to readjust the goals to be a little more realistic.

For now, I'm going to stick with the established goals and see if I can lose any additional weight per week and catch up.

And see, now that I've lost some good weight, I'm starting to get motivated to work out. Nothing too much (remember, slow and steady!) but maybe a workout DVD 1-2 times/ week. I'm scared to gain muscle, though, because muscle weighs more than fat. But muscle also burns more calories.

I'm glad my efforts this week paid off. I need to spend some time today planning for the week.

Hope everyone has a great week!




4 comments:

  1. I work out everyday day (Mon-Fri,) but I do cardio too. And I lose 2 to 4 pounds each week. I do light circuit training so I'm gaining (a little) muscle, but the cardio helps me lose weight each week. That way, I lose weight and inches...which is awesome. :)

    So I wouldn't worry about gaining muscle because even though it weighs more, it also burns fat a lot longer which is great in the long run!

    Congrats on losing!! I know it's not super easy, but I also know it's worth it. And I'm glad others like you understand that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It looks like you may have found the secret diet plan!

    I can't wait to see the weight melting off from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back here looking for an update and for the Blogger's on the Run button.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you'll update at some point soon! I wonder how you're doing from time to time!

    ReplyDelete