Monday, June 15, 2009

And the results are in...

Previous weight: 196
Goal weight: 194.5
Current weight: 195.5

I lost 0.5 lbs.

Earlier in the week I had weighed myself and was down to 193lbs. BAD IDEA because I mentally gave myself a thumbs up to eat whatever I wanted (including the aforementioned M&Ms).

I can't be disappointed because I didn't do what I needed to.

Ya'll are probably questioning my commitment to this, right?! I mean, it's only the first week and I've not put forth much of an effort and my lack of weight loss confirms that.

I really am committed, but like I said, slow and steady. Slow and steady.

Although I didn't exercise (aside from the extensive walking I did at the charity event), I still closely monitored my portion sizes. At a cook out, I passed on having a bun with my cheeseburger. I also did not eat any chips with my meal.

Last night, we ordered out and Mr. O enjoyed a full meal (complete with a hearty appetizer dip and waffle fries) while I opted to order a sandwich from a sub shop. I estimate that I probably saved myself 400 calories by not ordering out a full blown meal.

I obviously have some weight to make up and I know I'll do it.

I wanna look good for my 30th Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh! When is your 30th birthday?! I will be 29 in a few weeks! :)

    And the nice thing about weight loss is that you can start, regardless of where you are, right now. Isn't that brilliant?!

    Count your successes and do your best from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my book...any amount of weight loss is a move in the right direction. I'm still struggling with my choices but I'm making better one's 50% of the time.

    You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete